Getting a full-time job in California is difficult because of the rules and restrictions of the USA government for the international students and the workers. The rules and regulations are made in such a way that benefits and increases employment opportunities for American citizens by making it difficult for foreign immigrants.

A lot of international students return to their home country after completion of their graduation due to a lack of job opportunities available for international students in the USA. Jobs for OPT students are limited due to some policies of the government benefiting the USA citizens. If you are looking for a software developer job in californiaor any other field, go through this blog to know what all you will need to have a full-time job in the USA.

To work in the USA, you require a specific visa according to the Job you are searching for. If you are looking for a full-time job in the field of your expertise, you need one of the following visas.

  • OPT for entry-level Job: If you just completed your Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree, you probably need to have a Post-completion OPT visa to get a full-time job in the USA. For having a post-completion OPT visa, you will need to apply for the process 90 days before completing your degree. Post-completion OPT allows you to work full-time (40 hours) in the area of your expertise.
  • H1B visa: H1B visa also allows you to work full-time in the USA. These visas are for specialized employment on a temporary basis. The H1B will enable you to work temporarily for the US company. But you will require a sponsor letter from the company to get your H1B visa. The company needs to pay you more than the prevailing wage for that job to help you work and live in the USA.

Apart from this, you will also need to have an EAD card, which is officially known as the Employment Authorization Document, once you have your required visa. Having an EAD card allows you to prove that you are eligible to work in the USA.

But after coming off the COVID-19 pandemic, there is an increase in unemployment in the USA, which led the US government to suspend all immigration visas until the end of the year. Although those who are already staying in the USA and who have received their visa were still eligible to stay and work in the USA, it is always important to keep yourself updated with new changes in the existing rules happening around.

If you are already in the USA with the approved visa and EAD card, you can check out the below-mentioned steps to get a full-time Job:

  • Social media: Social media can be a great help while you are looking for jobs. Yes, you read that right. This is a digital age, and so many of the companies have their social media accounts. You can connect with them through social media and get to know about the happenings. Ask them how you can apply to work with them. Mention your interest in working with them through comments and replies to their post, but make sure not to overdo that. Your actions should not be too desperate. Apart from that, you also need to update your LinkedIn account and follow the recruiters of the company you wish to work with. You can talk with them about your qualifications and your interest in working for the organization.
  • Job Portals: Job portals have almost made getting a full-time job much easier than before. In a foreign country where you hardly know people making connections for the job is practically impossible. So job portals have connections with the recruiters and connect you with the right company according to your qualification and job requirements. You can contact job portals like us to get yourself a full-time job in California.

Although the crisis has led to difficult times in the whole world, we surely hope to get out of this in a better way. It may seem difficult to get a full-time job immediately for now, but with the passage of time and relaxation on certain policies of the US government will surely get you a good full-time job.

Also Read:How can I quickly get a job in California?

Why Is It So Hard To Get A Full Time Job In California?